‘Mitr – A Friend Indeed’ is a non-profit organization that works for the benefit of the weaker sections of society, with the primary focus on ‘Child Welfare’ and ‘Youth Development’.
Mitr is based on the concept of voluntary involvement and friendship and is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and the Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950.
‘Scope of Work’
Our main focus is on child welfare and youth development and our outreach projects are centered around giving children a chance at a more enjoyable life through fun filled activities and giving them the opportunity for a brighter future through the medium of education – the only equalizer.
- To improve the quality of life of the less fortunate by increasing confidence levels among them and facilitating learning through the introduction of interesting activity based workshops
- To provide children with opportunities to help them walk shoulder to shoulder with other individuals their age
- To initiate The Mitr ‘Agent of Change’ Programme to encourage teenagers and young adults to use their strengths for a better tomorrow
- To initiate The Mitr ‘Giving Back to Society’ Initiative to fulfill requirements needed for SUPW projects
- To initiate The Mitr ‘Little Helpers’ Programme to provide school children with the opportunity to do something for their less fortunate peers
- To encourage and showcase talent in all its forms, through fun-filled activities and events
- To create awareness about child adoption and to encourage people to consider child adoption through the section SoulChild (www.soulchild.in)
- To bridge the gap between corporate entities and educational organisations with centres for children that require assistance, through activities to meet CSR requirements.